The planning committee has adopted the following guiding principles and goals for the strategic planning process.
- Create a shared vision for the future of Michigan State University; a high-level directional guide with a common set of principles and values
- Foster an open and inclusive process—many voices and perspectives will inform the strategic plan
- Engage the campus community and external stakeholders (e.g. alumni, community leaders) on the university’s vision, values and strategic direction
- Connect the diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) strategic planning process to the institutional strategic planning process
- Seek opportunities to work together, leverage our collective resources and establish cross-institutional priorities and initiatives
- Look both inward and outward. Inward to examine our current state, identify themes, strengths and trends across campus. Outward to understand the changing dynamics of higher education