Key questions the planning process will address
The strategic planning process will set a vision for Michigan State University for the coming decade and establish cross-institutional priorities to support it. To that end, President Stanley has directed the the strategic planning committee to address the following questions:
- How should MSU position itself for leadership and distinguish itself as a model, next-generation, land-grant institution?
- How can we leverage our collective resources and anticipate society’s evolving needs to establish cross-institutional priorities and initiatives?
- How do we answer the intractable institutional challenges (i.e., deferred maintenance, financial position)?
- How can we create an aspirational and meaningful shared institutional vision for the future?
- What does the fourth industrial revolution and the new economy mean for MSU and those it serves?
- How will we align our skills, incentives, and resources to create a plan to achieve our collective vision?